Hello Lovely Readers! And welcome to the very first ProjectTwentyNine update post. You can expect to see one of these every week, every Monday, for the duration of the project. Here you will find a summary of the all the things I have been doing that relate to my ProjectTwentyNine lists. I’m still playing with the format of these posts, so if you have any suggestions, let me known in the comments down below.
1. Life Experiences/Adventures (#1)
Cardiff Castle clock tower, it is beautiful.
Yes those are raindrops. It wouldn’t stop. Cardiff Castle
My week started out with the completion of an adventure, and yes it was planned that way. For my birthday I went on an adventure to Cardiff, Wales and I explored Cardiff Castle, the city centre, Bute Park, and Cardiff Bay. I also went to the Doctor Who Experience (umm, amazing) but you can read more about that one a little bit later in this post.
2. Geeky Things (#1)
The Doctor Who Experience, Cardiff
First Doctor’s TARDIS
The Doctor Who Experience. Basically, I went on an adventure with The Doctor in the TARDIS, helped land the TARDIS, was attacked by Daleks and Weeping Angels (among other dangers), and helped save the universe. Not bragging or anything – but it was Fantastic. I also saw lots of props, including multiple incarnations of the TARDIS and a few different interiors. Hopefully there will be a post dedicated to the Doctor Who Experience coming in the next couple weeks, so stay tuned for that!
Check out my Cardiff Vlog: Here
3. TV Shows (No completions)
The show section of this update will probably be in every weekly update, but most weeks I’ll be talking about progress on shows, and not actually completions. Because most of the shows will take multiple weeks, and potentially months the way I’ve organized things, to complete. Anyways.
- New Show: This week I started watching Friends. I watched Episodes 1 – 20 of Season 1, which completed the allotment I set for myself to watch over the first month of ProjectTwentyNine. Friends is one of the re-watch shows on my list.
- New Show: This week I started watching Buffy. I watched Episodes 1 – 1o of Season 1, which almost completed the allotment I set for myself to watch over the first month of ProjectTwentyNine. By the time you read this, I will have finished the allotment, but that will be for next weeks update! Buffy is one of the new watch shows on my list.
4. Children’s Reads (#1)
- The Books of Elsewhere: The Shadows by Jacqueline West – This was a new read, and I really enjoyed it. It was a children’s book that I think can be enjoyed by children of all ages. I’ve had a few disappointing children’s read experiences lately (more in that in an upcoming post), and this one was not disappointing. I look forward to reading other books in this series.
5. New Reads (#1)
- We Were Liars by E. Lockhart – Wow. This book was very good, but quite a roller coaster. Like others who have discussed this book online, I’m not going to say much more about the book or it will ruin the effect.
Genre: Young Adult. Verdict: Highly Recommended
6. Impulse Reads (#1 – maybe)
Wait, wait wait. Why is this a maybe? The thing is that this was an audio book that I started listening to the night before ProjectTwentyNine officially started. I only listened to about 20 minutes of it, but I can’t decide if I can actually count it on the list. I’ve decided that if I can, I’ll read 29 other books and not count this one, but if I don’t manage this, then I’ll count this book. Deal?
- Ophelia and the Marvelous Boy by Karen Foxlee (Audio book) – This was a book that I found while browing the e-shelves of my local library. And I really enjoyed it. I am really glad that my slump of disappointing children’s fiction seems to be at an end. I would love to read more about Ophelia, though I don’t think this is part of a series.
Genre: Children’s Fiction Verdict: Recommended
7. Comic Books/Graphic Novels
I have decided not to count this one as a completion yet since I’ve only read the first issue, but I thought I’d mention it anyways.
- The Lumberjanes Issue 1 by Grace Ellis – As I said, I’ve only read issue 1 so far, but so far so good. I really like the art style, and I enjoy the concept. I’m looking forward to reading more episodes and getting further into the story.
I think that is all for this week. Join me next time. Same place. Same time.
“Olive owned six pairs of slippers, but none of them were ever where they belonged. This was because Olive’s body often did things without consulting Olive’s brain, which was usually busy with something much more interesting than putting things away in the right place.” — Jacqueline West, The Books of Elsewhere: The Shadows